What To Expect From Roseworth Primary School
We want all students at Roseworth Primary School to achieve the highest standards of learning possible so that they are equipped to deal effectively with the opportunities and challenges they encounter in the community. We want them to be enthusiastic about learning, in safe and supportive learning environments. We want motivated and capable teachers, who feel valued, connected and supported by the school community.
That students at Roseworth Primary School develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their individual potential and contribute to society. We want all students in our school to achieve the highest standards of learning possible so that they are equipped to deal effectively with the opportunities and challenges they encounter in a changing world. We want them to be enthusiastic about learning, in safe and supportive learning environments.
To provide an education that develops students’ academic, physical, creative and social skills as a basis for future learning, enabling them to participate as informed, active and responsible members of society.
- A pursuit of knowledge and a commitment to achievement of potential
- Self acceptance and respect of self
- Respect and concern for others and their rights
- Social and civic responsibility
- Environmental responsibility
- use language to understand, develop and communicate ideas and information and interact with others;
- select, integrate and apply numerical and spatial concepts and techniques;
- recognise when and what information is needed, locate and obtain it from a range or sources and evaluate, use and share it with others;
- select, use and adapt technologies;
- describe and reason about patterns, structures and relationships in order to understand, interpret, justify and make predictions;
- visualise consequences, think laterally, recognise opportunity and potential and are prepared to test options;
- understand and appreciate the physical, biological and technological world and have the knowledge and skills to make decisions in relation to it;
- understand their cultural, geographic and historical contexts and have the knowledge, skills and values necessary for active participation in life in Australia;
- interact with people and cultures other than their own and are equipped to contribute to the global community;
- participate in creative activities of their own and understand and engage with the artistic, cultural and intellectual work of others;
- value and implement practices that promote growth and well being;
- be self motivated and confident in their approach to learning and able to work individually and collaboratively;
- recognise that everyone has the right to feel valued and be safe and, in this regard, understand their rights and obligations and behave responsibly