The school day at Roseworth Primary School commences with our students meeting in the undercover area as soon as they enter the school property. Students are greeted by a member of the administration who ensures that every student is safe and being supervised. This has been a very successful practice at our school and it ensures that we have a smooth and ordered start to the school day.
The information below will help you to discuss with your child how Roseworth Primary School manages the start of each school day:
- Every child who enters the school grounds before 8:35 am must come to the undercover area. This is regardless as to whether or not they are accompanied by their parents. Students are not to be seated waiting outside their classroom or elswhere in the school before this time.
- Students are not released to classrooms until 8:35 am where they are greeted by their classroom teacher. Classroom organisation and preparation for the school day then takes place. We do not have before school play and no unauthorised sporting equipment or students wandering unsupervised around the school is permitted.
- The canteen also begins its operations at 8:35 am as does the opening of the uniform shop and school banking, all coinciding with the release of students by a member of the administration.
- On Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, students who wish to utilise the Breakfast Club are released from the under cover area at 8:15 am. Students not in the Breakfast Club remain in the under cover area.
- Our Music Specialist Mrs Weldon offers before school drumming or musical practice which allows students to move from the undercover area to the music room. Each musical activity finishes in time for students to go to their classrooms at 8:35 am.
- Our first siren sounds at 8:50 am and our school day finishes at 3:00 pm.
All of these procedures are in place as we like to have a very well ordered and smooth start to every school day.
Please go to the following link to see all other siren times during the day.
Roseworth Bell Times